Taking care of ones skin is essential if you want to have a fresh, clean, glowing complexion that is free from rough flaky skin. Especially in the winter months, we can’t dodge the ball like we do in summer, as the climate is not as forgiving. Sorry girls. I know, I hear it all the time from you lovey ladies. “I’m so busy, I don’t have time for complicated skin care routines, etc. etc!” Who said anything about complicated?
Your beauty routine can be as efficient or as lavish as you wish. It will all depend of your lifestyle and time on hand. For most of us we have to go through the express aisle when it comes to our face. Work, family commitments and sheer lack of hours force us to be clever when it comes to beauty and for those of you who have not thought of some time saving tips, you have come to the right place.
Our tried and true time saving tips will get you out the door or into bed faster…
- Cleanse in the shower. If your bottle is on the shelf it takes less than 10 seconds to do.
- While you are brushing your teeth at night, wet a facecloth, add some cleanser and wipe all over your face and neck. Wet again and wipe off excess. Now there is no excuse to wake up with panda eyes.
- If your really desperate for time, mix some scrub with your cleanser but make sure you avoid your eyes.
- For an express facial, cleanse and exfoliate in the shower, apply the mask and wash your hair as usual. This gives the mask time to work as you shampoo and condition. Try this while shaving your legs too.
- If you’re a bath lover, all these steps can be done with ease (and a little more time) as you lay back and relax. NB: have a mirror handy so you can see what you are doing!
- Cotton pads are a huge time saver when you need to get the make up off quickly. Either wet with water or if you are stuck without any, use your hydrating mist. Not only will it remove the make up, it will add a boost of vitamins to the skin.
- For an intense moisture boost, add a few drops of your favourite nectar to the skin and apply your mask as usual. The nectar will infuse into the skin while the mask works it’s magic.
- Keep your creams beside your bed so you can apply them as you get comfortable. I find this works as I will apply the eye cream, serum and then moisturiser as they are all sitting ready for me to use.