Create, Love & Heal with Brigid Sandell
Apart from being a gorgeous woman, mama of two little angels and loving wife, Brigid is a guiding light for those who are learning to love themselves. On her blog Create Love Heal, Brigid shares her passion for green beauty, fitness and alternative medicine + tries to teach her readers how to be the best version of themselves, through self-love and soulful living.
Say “Hello” to Brigid and let’s ask her some questions…
1. I am Brigid and I love.. So many things, everyone around me finds it hard to keep up! I am ultra multi-passionate. I love all things pretty and glamorous but crave natural beauty, I love bright colour but adore soft hues, I love nature and the idea of living on a farm, I love lazy days but hate to be unproductive. I love tea ten million times over accompanied by quality dark chocolate , I love fitness and being strong. I love healthy living and being an odd bod in our little community. I love a challenge!!! I love crystals, spiritual healing and empowering women and myself to be worthy of a great sense of self!
2. I trust in.. In the Universe. I trust that we are all cared for and guided by angels or guides to be better, to be centered and to be incredible, influential human beings; even if only on a small scale. It gives me peace to trust in this.
3. I find it hard to.. Admit I’m wrong at times and also not take things personally. I don’t take sarcasm or judgments well if they are coming from a place of misunderstanding and if the person has taken no time to understand my position. This is one of the hardest things in my life and one that it has held me back for many many years. I also find it hard to go out wearing no makeup.
4. I feel frustrated when.. My eyelashes don’t cooperate! And more importantly when people don’t listen to others speak. Nothing infuriates me more than people who butt into conversation with their own ideas or thoughts rather than respecting the person enough to let them speak. I have been guilty of this in the past and annoyed myself a million times over. I am better now
5. I am thankful for.. Faith. I am thankful for my family, chosen or not but mostly I am forever thankful for my husband who has held my hand and allowed me to grow and feel beautiful in every sense of the word. He has allowed me to express every emotion and thought (often irrational) without any judgement and instead taken me in for a huge cuddle with words and arms every single time. It truly has allowed me to explore myself free of criticism and let myself discover who I want to be and accept everything about myself with 100% love.
6. When I wake up in the morning.. I need tea! I need to thank the angels for another day, express gratitude, wash my face and enjoy my morning skincare ritual then make TEA!!!! I need to have time for myself in the morning to feel set for the day; when I miss this time it is not a pretty
7. When I go to bed, I think about.. My kids, my day and what I could’ve handled better, tomorrow, how well I might sleep, whether I feel like being intimate with my husband haha…pretty much everything
8. If I could give advice to my 18 year old self, I’d.. Say….love yourself girl! You are worth so much respect and love from yourself and others. You do not need to sacrifice yourself or your standards to be accepted. You are worthy. Love yourself!
9. I have chosen to support the natural beauty trend because.. I am done with toxins. I was always uncomfortable on some level using mainstream commercial products and felt instantly at ease when I switched. We work so hard to eat well, exercise, sleep well yet we assume our bodies can handle topical toxins. I also got to the point where I didn’t want to transfer my toxic load onto my babies, especially since my first born suffered with cadmium toxicity mostly from toxic beauty products transferred through the placenta. That devastated me so I quickly threw everything out!
10. My favorite makeup item is.. Oh god there’s so many! Probably my Ere Perez Versatile Vanilla Highlighter and Faerie Organic Lucid Glow highlighter….oh and the Faerie Organic Blushes, and the La Mav BB Cream….they would be my ultimate, can’t live without these beauty items.
La Mav Organic BB Crème is the perfect colour balancing makeup base that will enhance your natural glow and leave your skin looking flawless! Enriched with Vitamin C and certified organic Rosehip oil, our Organic BB Cream will hydrate, nourish and protect your skin naturally!
11. The skin care item I can’t live without.. Again there are a few….Kypris Moonlight Catalyst and Earthwise Ferns & Moss Face Serum (there’s sooo many more!)
12. When I have to do my makeup in less than 5 minutes, I always apply..
Concealer or corrector under my eyes, Ecobrow for some brows, highlighter,
a little bronzer and some blush! Done!
13. I am obsessed with.. Ummm did you read number 1 haha…everything!!! No I am obsessed with any beauty self care ritual, be it a bath with oils, a face mask, cleansing and toning, a workout, stretching, laying on the couch watching a movie, reading. It all requires scheduling for me with two children so I am obsessed with it!!! And I’m pretty obsessed with my husband and kids.
Brigid’s little angels
14. I want to.. Live overseas but fear homesickness. And also run Inner Strength and Self Love retrears for women!
15. And I don’t want to.. Repeat the same year over and over until I die!
16. My mantra for happiness is.. Is to always ALWAYS listen to your gut/soul/heart. If you do your decisions will never lead you astray.
17. Beauty is.. Natural Beauty truly is an inner sense of comfort in your own skin. A confidence that illuminates from your every word and every look. It is a sense of knowing that you are perfect just as you are, mistakes and all. This will glow from your skin, ooze from your smile and twinkle in your eyes. That is when a face lights up, a body moves with ease and a spirit lifts to the sky. To me, that is natural beauty.
18. Don’t forget to.. Always brush your teeth, wash your make up off and tell the people around you you care even if you’re frustrated!