An estimated 14 million Americans suffer from Rosacea (while there are no Australian statistics as yet, these stats confirm just how common it is). Rosacea is a chronic skin disorder that causes redness, blotches, ‘pimples’ or pus-filled bumps and broken capillaries primarily in the face. Other areas that can be affected are the scalp, neck, nose, ears, eyes, chest and back. While this is a common condition, many people don’t realise that they have it, often mistaking it for acne hereby making their conditions worse by using creams and lotions that only irritate the skin more. Rosacea is most likely to develop as we get older, developing in most during their 30’s and 40’s. For women one of the plus’ of menopause is that rosacea tends to disappear.
Like acne, the true cause of Rosacea is unknown, and there are all sorts of speculation surrounding it. There may be a heredity component to the condition, but the main underlying cause of rosacea is a mystery. Nevertheless there are known triggers that exasperate it – so you can at least have some control:
– Some food, especially spicy foods
– Sun exposure
– Extremes in temperature
Although it is not possible to completely cure rosacea, there are ways to keep it under control. Before people recognise that they have rosacea they use creams with a very high concentration of acids that can irritate and only make the condition worse. In order to avoid these ‘flare-ups’ it is best to:
– Avoid ingredients that burn/sting and elicit facial redness or swelling. Ingredients to steer clear of include the following:
- Witch hazel
(Skin Deep – Environmental Working Group)
– Especially avoid alcohol and artificial fragrances. Artificial fragrances are the most irritating ingredient in skin care and a main contributing factor to rosacea and other skin conditions.
Natural and certified organic products are gentle on rosacea and do not carry the risks associated with synthetic products and laser treatments. Quality natural skin care products nourish the skin with certified organic antioxidants and pure active ingredients thereby calming rosacea and minimising flare ups, naturally. You will notice the difference in your skin!
La Mav Certified Organic Skin Science products are formulated to be used on all skin types’ especially sensitive skin and inflammatory skin conditions. We refrain from using any artificial fragrances, alcohol, petrochemicals or harmful synthetic ingredients shown by our association with the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics (www.safecosmetics.org) and Choose Cruelty Free (www.choosecrueltyfree.org.au).
If you suffer from Rosacea, La Mav Certified Organic products will help soothe and nourish the dryness, itchiness, burning/stinging and redness that comes from rosacea. We recommend simplifying your daily skincare routine as the less you put on your skin the better.
The La Mav Rosecea Daily Routine includes:
– Cleansing the skin with LA MAV CERTIFIED ORGANIC SOOTHING CREAM CLEANSER which is an ultra-light facial cream that contains essential vitamins and antioxidants to balance the skin to its natural pH level.
– Soothe and nourish flared up skin with LA MAV ALL-IN-ONE LINE SMOOTHING SERUM which is a concentrated gel based formula that penetrates deep to recover and restructure the skin and stimulate collagen and elastin production.
– Hydrate the skin with LA MAV CERTIFIED ORGANIC LINE PERFECTOR to promote a natural glow and reduce redness.
– Moisturise the skin with LA MAV CERTIFIED ORGANIC 100% PURE JOJOBA OIL. Certified Organic jojoba oil has been proven to help treat sensitive skin problems. It will help soothe red and dry skin and has the effect of balancing the skin, being the closest oil to the human sebum.
– For those not suffering from Ocular Rosacea (Rosacea of the eye) an antioxidant gel such as LA MAV CERTIFIED ORGANIC EYE REPAIR GEL can work to reduce the appearance of fine lines, redness and dark circles; and strengthen the area around the eyes. Moreover, an incorporation of vitamins and essential fatty acids provides hydration, brightens and tones this delicate eye area.
Precaution and care should be taken to treat rosacea. La Mav products are used to soothe and provide relief from the symptoms associated with rosacea but do not act as a cure. Hopefully a complete cure will be developed soon to more successfully combat the condition. If after 8 weeks of treatment conditions persist please see your doctor. Consider suffers of Rosacea this March during National Rosacea Awareness Month. For more information please visit