You have no items in your shopping cart.
5 Ways Herbal Teas Can Assist In Boosting Immunity, Better Sleep, Relieving Stress, Clear Skin and Getting Energised.
Is tea-drinking becoming more common in Australia? Yes! it is fast becoming a focal point as the research continues to suggest that the health benefits of drinking tea can attribute to weight loss, mental awareness, easing skin conditions, diabetes, and more. The antimicrobial qualities of tea is what gives its powerful effect on the body.
If you struggle with sleep, get sick a lot and are susceptible to stress… read on to find out how herbal teas can assist you with these ailments and more.
1) Boosting your immunity – what better time to focus on our immune systems than now. You want to be drinking teas that include herbs like, Echinacea, Tulsi, Elderberry, Liquorice, Ginger, Turmeric. A lot of these herbs’ are antimicrobial, which is why they are so often used in herbal medicine to fight colds, flu, and other illnesses. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits of them can also be helpful in allowing healing to occur.
2) Assisting with sleep – it is so frustrating when you get into bed and can’t sleep or you don’t sleep well. Every night before bed drink a herbal tea that contains these herbs and enjoy going into a deeper slumber. Valerian Root, Chamomile, Lavender, Lemon Balm, and Passion Flower. These herbs work to calm, quiet the mind and act as a mild sedative in the evening.
3) Relieving stress – If you feel that you are peaking during the day and hit a stressful point then sip away on a herbal tea that contains these herbs to help relax you and bring you back to a more Zen mindset. Green Tea has an amino acid found naturally in it called L-theanine and is said to promote relaxation. Chamomile, Cat Nip, Gotu Kola, Sage, Passionflower, Ashwagandha, Holy Basil, Fennel, Rose and St John’s Wort. These herbs work to relax the mind and body.
4) Helping to clear your skin – by drinking herbs in a tea that are high in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and anti-microbial – these reach the skins layer to begin clearing any flare-ups on the surface. It also helps to heal the gut from the inside-out which is an important factor for good skin. You can also focus on herbs to help balance hormones that may work on clearing the skin up as well. Remember to drink your herbal tea regularly. Include herbs such as Matcha, Spearmint, Red Raspberry Leaf, Nettle, Dandelion, Hibiscus, and Rosehip.
5) Getting energised – If you want to avoid the high and low feeling of having a coffee then look for herbal teas with these herbs in it for a more smooth natural boost in your day. Yerba Mate, Green Tea, Astragalus, Ashwagandha, Liquorice, Ginseng, Rhodiola.
We love the ritual of drinking tea as well. It is important to stop and enjoy each sip. To pause for yourself and nurture your body.